Field Service Solution for 300+ staff
A large and successful Smoke Alarm inspection company required a system to better manage, communicate with and measure their significant team of site inspection and field staff. This is highly regulated and compliance driven industry and it was critical that the system could scale and grow with the business.
- After partnering with the client to properly scope the project, it was evident that this was going to be one of the largest field service implementation projects in the country
- The company was operating an Exchange 2007 on-premise system
- The company had a significant quantity of staff, in office, remote and on-road locations
- The company had a significant quantity of customers
- There were millions of records to be transformed and migrated
- Longer term, the company wanted to completely manage the system and solution in-house, when they had the capability and resource to do so
- Due to the scale of the implementation, the project extended over a 2 year period
- Successful migration from Exchange 2007 on-premise to Office 365 (including 200+ mailboxes)
- Successful implementation of Microsoft Azure to extend their on-premise footprint to Cloud servers + capability
- Implemented Dynamics 365 for Field Services for the operation and management of 300+ staff
- Transformed and migrated millions of records from their bespoke solution to Dynamics 365
- Created PowerShell scripts to copy generated documents from Dynamics 365 to on-premise hardware for printing
- Implemented Dynamics 365 Portals for customers managing their own portfolios
- Provided onsite & remote assistance post implementation until handing over to internal resources
City Council Consolidates, Connects, and Automates Data
A large City Council based in Victoria was seeking advice on how to better manage, centralise and control their list of 17,000+ contact records. The database included industry contacts, associations, local sporting clubs and businesses. These contacts resided in multiple Excel spreadsheets.
- The Council had numerous versions of this spreadsheet
- These spreadsheets were used and saved across multiple divisions within the council
- The result was duplicated spreadsheets and older versions being updated.
- There was no transparency of records being updated
- There was no tracking of correspondence against each business or contact.
- The spreadsheet housed all critical contact information for all their constituents and stakeholders and was an integral component to their operations
- There was issues with data not being current, updated or incorrect.
- They knew they needed to replace the spreadsheet, however, were unsure of the most suitable and cost-effective solution.
- The original CRM request was unsuitable due to complexity and cost per user.
- After taking time to understand the data, process and the spreadsheets – Vinergy recommended the Microsoft Power Platform, more specifically a PowerApp.
- Vinergy developed a PowerApp with relevant fields and headings and imported the data into a cloud based, transparent and collaborative PowerApp
- The PowerApp also included the council’s branding.
- The solution proved to be very cost effective and implemented in a short time frame.
- The spreadsheets are now redundant and there is one source of truth to create, view and edit the council’s stakeholder information.